Congratulations to our new volunteer on completing the Spring 2013 65-hour training!
This group of dedicated volunteers will now be available to assist our agency & provide necessary services to our survivors!
We offer volunteer and internship opportunities for community members and students. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Crisis Line Volunteer: Provide peer counseling and referrals to callers.
- Volunteer Court Advocate: Accompany clients to court.
- Sexual Assault Response Team Volunteer: Accompany sexual assault survivors to forensic exam and law enforcement interview. Requires additional 1-day Advocate Training.
- Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate or facilitate support groups for survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Children/Youth Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate support group for child, youth or teen witnesses of domestic violence.
- Program Volunteer: Provide client services in the Shelter, Crisis Intervention or Children and Youth Programs.
- Community Education Volunteer: Assist with presentations and outreach events about domestic violence, sexual assault and agency services.
- Awareness Months (Sexual Assault-April; Domestic Violence-October): Assist with special awareness activities.
Our next training will begin October 12, 2013!
Our 65-hour certification training, which qualifies you as a State-Certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Peer Counselor, will be Wednesdays 5:30pm-9:00pm and Saturdays 8:00am - 4:30pm starting October 12th through November 20th, 2013. The location will be our Santa Cruz office located at 1685 Commercial Way, Santa Cruz, CA 95065.Must complete 65-hour training & one-year volunteer service commitment to receive certificationVolunteer from home via our 24-hour crisis line required (Minimum eight 6-hour shifts per month)Assist other programs in agency: Peer counseling, Children & Youth, Outreach, etc.Participate in local community eventsAttend volunteer meetings & minimum of 3 continuing education trainingsA commitment to social justice & eliminating sexual and domestic violence18 years of age or olderMust complete criminal background check though LiveScan fingerprinting system to provide direct servicesBilingual preferred but not required
The 65-hour training is held once a year in the Fall. There are other opportunities to complete training, though, so if interested please complete an application & send it to our office.
Deadline to apply is September 27th, 2013!
After reviewing the applications, interviews will follow. We thank you for choosing WCS-DDM as your volunteer option. We look forward to receiving your application!
Use the link below to complete an application to become a volunteer with WCS~DdM. Please print it and fax to 831-722-4990, email it to Rocio Camargo at
, or mail to 233 East Lake Avenue, Watsonville, CA 95076.
Volunteer Application Form
WCS~DdM is looking for Teen Volunteers
The Prevention Program at WCS~DdM is looking for Teen Volunteers! Earn your community service hours by doing peer outreach, workshops, presentations, events, blogs, and campaigns with us! For more information, call our office at (831) 722-4532.