Congratulations to WCS~DdM's new volunteers on completing 65 hours of training.
This group of dedicated volunteers will now be available to assist clients in need.
We offer volunteer and internship opportunities for community members and students. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Crisis Line Volunteer: Provide peer counseling and referrals to callers.
- Volunteer Court Advocate: Accompany clients to court.
- Sexual Assault Response Team Volunteer: Accompany sexual assault survivors to forensic exam and law enforcement interview. Requires additional 1-day Advocate Training.
- Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate or facilitate support groups for survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Children/Youth Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate support group for child, youth or teen witnesses of domestic violence.
- Program Volunteer: Provide client services in the Shelter, Crisis Intervention or Children and Youth Programs.
- Community Education Volunteer: Assist with presentations and outreach events about domestic violence, sexual assault and agency services.
- Awareness Months (Sexual Assault-April; Domestic Violence-October): Assist with special awareness activities.
To provide direct services to clients, you must have completed our 65-Hour Training, which qualifies you as a State-Certified Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Peer Counselor; and have a criminal background check through the LiveScan fingerprinting system. The 65-hour training is held once a year in the Spring. There are other opportunities to complete training, though, so if interested please complete an application.
Use the link below to complete an application to become a volunteer with WCS~DdM. Please print it and fax to 831-722-4990, email it to Rocio Camargo at
, or mail to 233 East Lake Avenue, Watsonville, CA 95076.
Volunteer Application Form
WCS~DdM is looking for Teen Volunteers
The Prevention Program at WCS~DdM is looking for Teen Volunteers! Earn your community service hours by doing peer outreach, workshops, presentations, events, blogs, and campaigns with us! For more information, call our office at (831) 722-4532.